Varvsudden, Heavy Industry Park of Öresund, decided to address the opportunity and challenge within the Wind Power industry at their site in Sweden. After almost a year of hard work with their strategic partner Himec Solutions, Varvsudden has developed a solution towards the Wind Power business.
- There are several challenges within the Wind Power business. One of them is the capacity demand from the growing wind-industry together with the challenge of reducing the cost of energy, says Tonny Hansen, Managing Director at Varvsudden.
Varvsudden awarded Himec Solutions the role as technical advisor covering design and business development of production facility, and their directives were to lead the transformation of Heavy Industry towards smart and modern production technology.
- We are convinced that Sweden and our location in Landskrona give us access to the best engineers in the world and the site location provides the necessary conditions that enable us to design and build production facilities supporting renewable, modern, high-quality and profitable production, says Tonny Hansen.
Tonny Hansen and his team early discussed the challenge of a production facility in Sweden. Sweden must compete with low cost countries, but instead of competing with the lowest price they targeted early development of smart design production concepts together with innovative solutions.
- We have to be uncompromising in our pursuit towards high quality as well as include the sustainability aspect and optimize our processes using the latest technology to deliver profitable production for the offshore wind power business, says Tonny Hansen, truly believing that Sweden is the best country for his high ambitions.
Varvsudden’s site is located close to Malmo and Copenhagen, Denmark. It’s a perfect location for heavy foundation production for the offshore wind industry and will help contribute to Sweden's energy goal to run the country entirely on renewable energy by 2040, as well as the northern off shore wind power market.
- We have high ambitions and with Himec Solutions Wind Energy team we have been able to create two realistic offshore wind foundation production designs, down to the smallest detail out of many possible, for an area of approximately 125,000 square meters, says Tonny Hansen.
Himec Solutions felt honored to receive the assignment from Varvsudden.
- This project is representative of the favourable Scandinavian and European wind market. There are increasing opportunities in the region and we are pleased to be able to help clients in making important investment decisions based on our experience gained from international projects, says Charlotta Noren, Area Manager Energy at Himec Solutions,
For more information around the investment contact:
Tonny Hansen Phone: +46 418 565 80,
Mobile: +46 705 65 83 87,